Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ross is working again! And how...

He's helping some guy renovate a house in Camberwell, which is about an hour away on public transport. Sarah (London manager extraordinaire) got him in contact with this dude, and apparently they're working towards a scarily close deadline. So he's getting paid pretty well, and has worked about 18 hours in the last 36. And will be getting up for some more work in another 6 hours... Poor lad! But I think he's pleased to be doing something, as he's not really the laze-about type. I, on the other hand, could happily do enough slacking for both of us...

Okay so on the weekend Heath was over and it was awesome - we had some interesting band meetings and ate some amazing food! After our great lunch of French cheese and potatoes and ostrich/boar burgers, Heath bought some more bread and cheese and salami to take home. (That's home to Walthamstow, by the way, not to Perth. I think the quarantine dogs would have something to say about that. Or not say, exactly... Something to wiggle about? Or do they bark, or what? Must smuggle some food in so I can find out)



As if buying us amazing sandwich stuff wasn't enough, Heath then took us out to dinner to a Portuguese place down the road from our house. It was fantastic, we just had a whole bunch of little tapas plates to share, so we got to try all sorts of new things. Ross missed it because he was still working, so we'll have to go back there sometime.

What else is there that has happened? After Rachael moved out, Joe moved into her room, so Ross and I moved into Joe's old room upstairs. It has a more comfortable bed, and is less noisy than our old room, so I think it's a winner. Plus it gave me a reason to sort out all of my crap. In this room, I'm going to be all about having a place for everything... We'll see how long that lasts...

Ah yes, and now we have a new housemate, Daisy. She's a friend of Rachael's, also from New Zealand, so the odds are she's pretty awesome. She moved in last night, so I haven't really had a chance to meet her properly. Time for that later.

Ooh, and we're playing a show on Thursday night! At the Barfly in Camden, and we're hoping that lots of industry people come down and enjoy us and throw money at us. Except not literally. Or if literally, then hopefully soft money, not coins.

6 comments:

northern musings said...

Life sounds good Olga... love to Ross

Maja said...

All good news! Yay!

We got your package with the lovely letters and totally awesome guestbook, thank you so much. I've started writing a letter back to you, hopefully will finish it this week! Love you xox

Anonymous said...

Yum French cheeses! How long is Heath staying? Hope the gig goes well. Love to Ross. I'm going to phone Vicki and talk bride/groom mums' dresses. Lots of love. mum

northern musings said...

Olga... did you get the letters that mum forwarded on to you?

olga said...

Awesome Maja, I should have sent it yonks ago! I got your text message, but I was working, and by the time I finish work it's the middle of the night over there. Yay for snail mail.

Yeah, Sigga, I did. I sent Amma an email, but I guess she doesn't check it too often? I mangled the Icelandic, so it wouldn't be too bad it she missed it.

Hey mum: Heath was only here for a couple of days, then he went to the US for some more meetings... Busy guy!
Ah yes, french cheese... I didn't realise there was such a thing as too much cheese until I went to those markets :)
x

Northern musings said...

Mum checked her email tonight and I think she wrote something back - your Icelandic is better than mine - way better...