Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Although I guess it's not his birthday any more in Perth - never mind. Ooh, and he shares his birthday with David Bowie, Stephen Hawking and the guy who made Yu-gi-oh. I love the internet.
Okay, it has to be done. My birthday is the same as Patti Smith, Heidi Fleiss and Eliza Dushku. Wow, and Saddam Hussein was executed, too.

So, we're back in Walthamstow, where the current temperature is about -10 degrees, and it snowed on my way to work this morning! It's apparently the coldest winter the UK has had for ages, while it's still relatively warm in Iceland. Wacky stuff.



I tried to find a picture taken here in England, but the prettiest ones are from Sauðárkrókur. This one came from Sigga's camera, and it's of Ross and I chasing each other around on New Year's Eve.
I was reading Sigga's blog about how great our New Year's was, and it's true - I think it's one of the best ones I've ever had, too. You know how sometimes it just gets overhyped, and fails to live up to expectations? It's the night where you're compelled to go out and have a really meaningful and good time, and if you don't, you fail. That's dumb. How often do you have fun just because you have to? Not ever, says me.
Our party was lots of fun because there were no plans or expectations, we just spent a nice night with nice people, end of story.

We played a show the night we got back at this place called Madame Jojo's. It was a really pretty venue, they had lights in the shape of peacocks (!) but I didn't get around to taking a photo of them.

Okay, I have to go, Ross just cooked me a dinner, which I'm sure will be amazing as usual. He has mad skillz.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Poss, Don't forget to rug up and take cod liver oil. Love and miss you. Mum

Maja said...

My pommy coworker has been talking about the cold snap for the past couple of days. How crazy is minus 10 in England!

Northern musings said...

Two days ago it was snowing here - yesterday it was +11° today its getting colder and tomorrow we are expecting major storms from the north. Exciting times.