Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gerbils and plimsolls...

Imagine a gerbil IN plimsolls. That would be amazing. So is this:



Ross and Joe took some photos on Ross' computer today. Seriously, there are about twenty of these, but this one is the most awesome.

I had a really good day off today. I posted some things, paid some bills, did lots of washing and then went shopping... I've been trying to find some comfortable but cheap black sneakers for a while now, and today was finally my lucky day! There's a shop in Bethnal Green that sells £5 plimsolls (whee, what a fun word). So anyway, I decided I'd go to Hackney first to visit the morally dubious discounted clothes store Primark - where I found the very same style of plain black sneakers, in my size for only £2! Wow, I really dragged out the telling of that story, but that should indicate to you how strongly I feel about it. Made my day.

I also went to a pet store - I really miss all the animals in Roleystone. They have all these weird pets here that I never saw in Australia, like chinchillas and hamsters and gerbils. I totally want a gerbil, and Ross (after many convincing and logical arguments, e.g. "I want one") told me I could get one! I'm not sure if I actually will. I'd probably get bored of it after a while...



But how could I get bored of that cuteness?
Oh no, I just read about keeping gerbils and apparently if you get gerbils, you have to get more than one gerbil so they don't get depressed and lonely... And it doesn't seem like they're very friendly to people. Bah, no gerbil for me. Although it was fun writing the word gerbil that many times.

Ross gave a drum lesson yesterday to a twelve year old kid! The kid's parents found Joe's number on the internet as a guitar teacher, and he gave them Ross' number. I think he'd be a good teacher, he's a good drummer and a nice guy. He and Joe are thinking of starting a rock'n'roll high school - it'd be great! If they each taught three or four kids a week, that would pay for their rent. Plus they'd get to influence the musicianship of a whole generation of British bands. So much power...

Anyway, I think that's about all. Our manager Heath is coming to London tomorrow night, and staying a few days to meet with labels and other helpful people. Hopefully, that means a weekend of being taken out to lunch and dinner and drinks by record companies, and not having to pay! It's a good life.

Also, gerbils. Say it now. It'll brighten your day.

7 comments:

Anna said...

dude get a chinchilla it would be amazing.

olga said...

It would be, they looked pretty cute and sleepy while I was there, but they also looked like they cost £200. Each.
For that kind of money, I would want magic chinchillas that grant wishes and poo diamonds.
x

Northern musings said...

totally in agreement on the chinchilla issue.. amma forwarded some mail on to you from here - she is a bit worried whether you got it or not???? Great that Ross and Joe are teaching the young and that Heath is coming to sort out some contacts for you - good luck!!!

olga said...

Oh yeah, I got it yesterday! Or maybe the day before... But yes, thanks for sending it!
It should be a fun weekend!
x

Maja said...

Get crazy crabs! They're awesome. Not furry cute, but crabby cute for sure.

olga said...

Crabby cute? That does sound pretty appealing. And if I wanted some furry cuteness, I could knit them fuzzy shell warmers...
I think I might still be a little bit scared of crazy crabs, although I guess it's been a while since I've met one.
x

Anna said...

They die really easily. Rodents are hardy. Incidentally, do you know what's adorable? LEMMINGS. You forget they're animals. ADORABLE ANIMALS.

Rats aren't supposed to be ultra friendly, just tame, but Riley and Rufus are always up for cuddles. Oooh, you get get two girl gerbils, and name them Riley and Rusuf...ina.

Man, gerbils is fun to say!

http://www.rathergood.com/mark

DRIGIGERBIL