Monday, December 8, 2008

Some photos!



Apparently up until recently, there was an EU law that restricted the sale of vegetables that were weird shapes. Every potato had to conform to rigid guidelines of potato-ness.

Luckily, with the recession they've decided to get rid of this rule - it's a complete waste of food when you think about it! And also, deformed vegetables bring much joy to my life.


Potato!



Ross later made this into an amazing dinner. He's pretty good at that.

I looked at a few op shops on the way home from work today, and found an amazing dress! It fits really well and it was only four pounds! I tried to take a photo of it, but it didn't look that nice without me in it. And it's too cold to go taking off clothes just for a photo op. I'll show you guys later...

Work today was pretty funny. It was one of those days that could have been really stressful, but for some reason turned out okay. There was some sort of mix up in the kitchen and one chef called in sick, so there was no one in the kitchen until about 10am. Which might be okay, but I needed bread and croissants to make breakfast for the studios by 9am. By half past eight, I figured that I should probably just make the breakfasts myself - quite satisfying and not too difficult. So, food got out on time, chefs were grateful, I had a nice morning!

And also: it's a baby hippo!!

To finish - which is your favourite quality street?
Mine is definitely the yellow caramel coins. Ross doesn't know the flavours off by heart, for some reason. It's kind of weird - because we share so much of our lives now, I forget that Ross doesn't share all my childhood memories and traditions...

He's pretty great, though.

6 comments:

Northern musings said...

I just wrote a really long comment and then moved... you know my pc, very sensative to movement. Not to worry, the gist was Ross is such a sweety - even if he looks a tad ummm talibanish... just so long as you are not wearing a burkah or whatever they are called. Great that you finally had a good day at work and shone for them - watch out - now that they know you are clever versatile and hey - have initiative... just make sure that each time they ask you to do more - you ask for more money!!!!

Maja said...

I have several favourites, I can't really choose between them. I like the chocolate noisettes, the caramel cups, the orange creams and the strawberry creams.

Do you know they don't sell quality street in australia anymore? So annoying as roses and the stupid cadbury imitations are no comparison to the wonderfulness of the quality street.

olga said...

That's not actually all Ross' hair, he's wearing a weird fur collar that I got in that bag of Rachael's stuff. Still, it looks remarkably natural.

No Quality Streets? That's terrible! I guess they were never really that big in Australia, which I guess explains why Ross doesn't know the flavours...

x

Northern musings said...

It did look remarkably natural - but hey... I know you would not put up with that amount of "fur" Lots of quality street available in Iceland... I shall go buy a tin for Chrissy so that Ross can get educated.

olga said...

Don't worry about it Sigga! Woolworths has completely collapsed over here, so I think they'll be selling their Quality Streets cheap! I'll bring one suitcase just for chocolates...

Also, they have a pick'n'mix section where you can CHOOSE your favourite flavours and ONLY buy those ones! It blew my mind, but then I realised it sort of defeats the purpose - Quality Streets are for sharing with a range of people. There has to be something for everyone.

Northern musings said...

That´s why I like Maja to be there cos she eats the red ones - and the other soft centres.... I hate orange and strawberry creams - I reckon that she likes them cos they were the only ones left once her folks finished with the tin!!