Monday, December 1, 2008

I thought I had so much to say...

But now I can't really remember any of it. You know how you tell someone about your day and there's a million little things that are somewhat interesting, but three days later, you can't remember anything about it?

Anyway, I'm currently in the cafe below our house which has wireless internet! It's only for customers, so I bought a pineapple and coconut smoothie, it is pretty good...

Anja has been staying with us for a few days, she's over from Berlin and it's great to see her again! She's one of those friends where even if I don't see her for a couple of years, we still just seem to click right back into friendship again when we meet up. The year after I came back from Iceland, Ross, Joe, Anja and I were pretty much inseparable and had lots of great times together. So it's been awesome hanging out again.

We went to the markets in Brick Lane yesterday, didn't really buy anything but saw lots of amazing things for sale. Today we're supposedly going for breakfast at a restaurant/pub across the road from our house... It has a big sign in the window saying "jellied eels", but I don't think they'll be involved in my breakfast.

What else? We played a show on friday night, it went really well. We played with a Canadian band who heard us on Myspace and loved us, and invited us to support them. We totally upstaged them, if I do say so myself. They're on the fatcat label over here, and I think there were some people from the label who seemed a bit interested in us... But we'll see what happens.

I worked lots and lots last week, that's why I've been completely unreachable on the internerd... Usually I would go to the library before or after work, but my shifts have been completely stupid - encompassing all the opening hours of the library and leaving me drained and cranky. It's probably for the best - at most, you guys missed out on a few posts of me whining about my job...

Ooh, my housemate Rachel has started packing up her things for when she leaves in January. She had a whole bag of clothes that she was going to throw away - I took about half of them! It was great, there were some really cool tops and dresses, and even a pair of jeans that fit me perfectly! I hate buying jeans, I find it so difficult to get them to fit and look good and be the right colour. And you have to pay so much for them, so I don't want to just settle for jeans that aren't just right.

Okay, that's all I can think of for now, and I've finished my smoothie, so I should probably go... Hopefully I'll be more in touch this week!

8 comments:

Northern musings said...

wooo hooo an Olga post!! It is snowing soooo much here! Hopefully there will be heaps of snow for you guys to go and play in when you get here. Great that the gig went well. Hope it means a few more for you!

Anonymous said...

Olga mín Gott ad heyra frá thér aftur. Her er nógur snjór núna. Talsverd hríd undanfarna daga og kalt. Nóg ad gera vid ad prjóna og baka. Eg er búin ad baka randalínur og pipar kökur og rúsínu kökur. Birjadi á vesti fyrir Ross í gær, eg vona ad hann tholi lopa, Búid ad kveikja á jólatrénu á torginu,Eg póstadi pakka til Roleystone í dag nammi Feyki bladid og Polar bear for Anna. we are looking forward too seeing you at christmas. Love you Amma K

Maja said...

Well, that's plenty to say. Work is gay gay gay. But it's good to get paid and stuff. Tell Anja I said HI. That's so cool about the gig. Hope you guys get lots more gigs. New clothes, fricken sweet! You're right about jeans, it's so hard to find the perfect jeans. So hard.

xox

Kristinn said...

Secondhand jeans rule. I have this one pair that I bought from Natasha and Chelsea and Ryan's yard sale, and while they are a little stretched out they are still a totally wearable pair of jeans that I don't mind wearing to work.

Good to hear from you!

olga said...

Yay, so many comments!

Yeah, I'm really hanging out for Iceland, I can't wait for the snow and free time and lovely company!
Anja made Gluhwein for us, maybe we'll make it at your house, Sigga...

Amma, lopa er fínt, hann er bara eitthvað viðkvæmur með hálsinn, svo það væri betur ef það kemur ekki alla leiðin upp við andlitin. Vona að þú skilur mig, annars skiptir það ekki mjög mikið máli, hann verður feginn að eiga hlýan peysa.

Yes, second hand clothes are my favourite kind. I can't wait to find enough free time to wear all my new clothes - I may have to get out more!

Northern musings said...

It´s an old man vest type thing with a v neck... we remembered the neck phobia...

Anonymous said...

Hæ, Gaman að heyra í þér aftur. Við söknuðum að lesa ekki bloggið. Allt gott að frétta héðan. Kiddi kemur 23. des. Við erum búin að skreyta en jólatréið er tínt. Við höfum róleg jól, förum til Himma í kaffi late on 24th. Annars verðum bara heima í rólegheitum.Haldu áfram að skrifa. bless. Mamma

olga said...

Hey mum!
That was weird, because you were writing in Icelandic, I thought you were Amma, and I couldn't understand why K was coming all the way to Iceland for Christmas!

Oh no, the tree is lost? It must be around somewhere, or did it get thrown away with all my crap? I hope not! What it lacked in limbs, it made up for in personality.
x