Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sparkle sparkle!

Some real good things happened today!

First of all, sorry I didn't post back the other day, just in case you were checking up on me and my creative skills!
Instead of procrastinating all day, I went out and bought some sparkly wool, and some knitting needles.



Hmm, the sparkles aren't as visible as I'd hoped...

Anyway, I knitted this much leg warmer! Now it's just a matter of finishing it, then knitting another one - I'm pretty excited about the idea of me in sparkly legwarmers, so hopefully I'll stick at it!





And that was my day off! Woke up yesterday to the news that Obama won! So very awesome! And there's a real buzz in the air - I was walking to work and a complete stranger said "Think positively! Obama! Yeah!" It was nice. I love that everyone is so excited, and so ready to be vocal about it!

I worked yesterday and today, and I'll admit that each day is easier than the one before it. I still don't think those guys have a sound business ideology though.
Example: Last night (Wednesday night) was my first real shift. I did one trial shift prior to that. So, Nathaniel (my favourite trainer) decided he needed to go home for some "emergency bill paying" and left me to close up. How does that make sense? I understand, sometimes emergencies happen, but it didn't seem like he was stressed or anything, he just casually told me he was leaving! It all turned out okay in the end, but it's not great, is it?

Anyway, I closed last night, opened this morning, and was quite tired by the end of the day. My new shoes are a bit rough on my feet and I was really relieved to get home. Then I got a phone call from the coffee place in Brick Lane where my friend Dan used to work when he lived here! I applied there weeks ago, but they're looking for people to work over Christmas, and I mentioned in my application that I'd be going to Iceland for the holidays.

Lucky for me, they mustn't have found anyone - I have an interview there tomorrow! I think I may have sounded a bit weird on the phone, the guy asked me if I had a job, and I said "Yeeees, but it's not really working out for me". Probably not the best first impression to make, but I was pretty excited by the prospect of maybe working there. Hopefully that'll work in my favour.

After that I checked my emails, and Kristinn should be able to wiggle his flights around so he can come to our wedding! Yay!



On an unrelated note, this is the teapot Anna mentioned in my comments. Such a pretty thing.

7 comments:

Northern musings said...

you look so gorgeous, elephant tea pot in hand.. nice that you have it with you! Obviously you are evoking trust in that you are closing up and opening for them... as for the other stuff re wedding.. will be in touch next week. The sherrif is never available when i call, but if you want a christening.. i can organise a priest....

Northern musings said...

i just read that... can be interpreted in so many ways... ssorry... but you know me I am laughing.. always at your expense.. sorry sweety.. call me the crazy aunt from hell. Good that K can change his ticket... so write with details

Maja said...

That is a lovely teapot. Great photo, too. Soooo, do you have a date for the wedding?

Sigga, I totally don't get your joke...

Maja said...

Oh yeah and very cute legwarmers! You did that pretty quick!

Bridget said...

Woa! coffee@ this is rad news.
Such a cool cafe and as far as I can tell really easy work minimal cleaning..I mean dan had a job there hahahaha just kidding.

olga said...

That is pretty funny Sigga! Don't worry Maja, I'm not secretly pregnant - I was never christened, so to get married by the priest in Iceland, I'd have to do that first!
Not sure how I feel about it, though... I feel a bit rude to attend church for the first time in years for essentially selfish reasons. May have to think about it some more.

Yay for coffee@! I had the interview today, I think I did alright. Still need to do some trials and stuff, but then hopefully there'll be awesomeness all round!

Maja said...

oooooooh, I am such a dummy I get it now...