Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Just a short one...

Because my whinginess knows no boundaries, so I'll have to impose some.

Anyway, today I was supposed to go to a work meeting at 3pm. It was my day off, so I was a little bit irritated to have to go all the way in there, but it was compulsory, so whatever. When I got there, it turned out that the meeting had been cancelled, but no one bothered to call and let me know! So rude... The bar guy said that since I was the newest employee, they may not have had my number, but they definitely managed to call me to get me to come in early last week!
I'm kind of appalled at their lack of basic respect. It takes me about 45 minutes and 5 pounds to get there, it was my day off, I deserve better than that! I really hope I get the other job, I find it really difficult to work for people who don't bother looking after their store or employees. I guess I could learn to not care about working properly and become a slacker, but I really don't want to stoop to their level...

Grr. So much anger.

4 comments:

Northern musings said...

make sure that you make them pay for the train ticket and the time that it took you to get there. Make out a bill, add receipts from the train - if you kept them, if not show other days or whatever and get the guy you talked to to sign a note say that you were there when called... Otherwise threaten that you will call Beta your lawyer cousin to be in touch. But if you don´t want to take it that far just remind them that they took time out of your day and spent your money in a fruitless endeavour and that if they want you at the next compulsory meeting they will have to pay you in advance... or they can just send you an email with what happened... cheaper for all concerned... or better yet - use modern technology and have you on a conference call. Remind them that time is money - even your time. I hate shitty bosses too (even if I am one) PS still keep forgetting to ring the sherriff

Maja said...

Wow, that is MEGA rude! I hope you get the other job too. And do what Sigga said. Gr fuckem!

olga said...

I don't have the guts to go with that first plan, Sigga, but I'll definitely let my boss know next time I see him.
I talked to a girl today who said the same thing had happened to her before - she was pretty angry on my behalf too, which was nice. Although I guess a history of stuff like that happening + already jaded staff = not really an awesome place to spend time.

Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Northern musings said...

Well, hopefully the other job comes through, but I still think that they need to feel and know that although labour may be cheap - the dickensian days are over and respect is a minimum requirement. Still haven´t phone the Sherrif, must do that tomorrow, mum is booking Reykir - just in case in the weather is great!